Monday, July 25, 2011

Lady GaGa: "Amy Changed Pop Music Forever"

Lady GaGa has issued a heartfelt tribute to the late Amy Winehouse, stating that the Love Is A Losing Game singer "changed pop music forever."

As we previously reported, Winehouse was found dead in her Camden flat on Saturday, with her death still being treated as "unexplained."

Following tributes from the likes of Rihanna, Mark Ronson and Kelly Osbourne, GaGa paid homage to Amy, crediting her for giving her "hope" as a jazz singer.

Speaking on Twitter, Lady G wrote: "Amy changed pop music forever. I remember knowing there was hope, and feeling not alone because of her. She lived jazz, she lived the blues."

The 25-year old has previously expressed her admiration of Winehouse to The Sun back in 2009, telling the tabloid: "Amy is a real artist. I get frustrated when I tour so much that my voice is messed up."

"But I always say to myself that I watch performances from Amy where I swear she didn't hit a note, and she was shot and shot deep on something, but I can't take my eyes off that beautiful girl. There's something about her that's so honest."

SEE WHY MTV LOVES LADY GAGA HERE!!

She added: "That was what the '70s and '80s were about, and what women were about then, and that's why legends were created. It wasn't about manicures."

In the same year, Lady G also told PopEater: "I will always have a very deep love for Amy Winehouse. Because of Amy, very strange girls like me go to prom with very good-looking guys. She's a different kind of woman…"

"I don't believe that what I do is very digestible, and somehow Amy was the flu for pop music. Everybody got a little bit of the flu and got over it, and fell in love with Amy Winehouse. And now, when more flu comes along, it's not so unbearable."

Amy's family have since released a statement addressing the Back To Black hitmakers death, claiming she has left "a gaping hole" in their lives.

Source: http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/amy-winehouse/325316-lady-gaga-amy-winehouse-dead-tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment